Stan Talouis gives his breakdown of the 2016 NFL Draft class
1. LA Rams – Jared Goff, QB, California – This makes the most sense. The Rams are now in LA, they need to start fresh with a new franchise quarterback. Goff isn’t the sexy pick but he’s the guy. He’s safe, he’s dependable and he’s pro ready. He’s the girlfriend you take home to Mom. No skeletons in the closet, no weird baggage or drama.
2. Philadelphia Eagles – Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State – If Goff is the safe girlfriend that won’t burn your house down, Wentz is the one that has a few tattoos, studied abroad and lived in Eastern European hostels and dated a few athletes before you. She’s hot though isn’t she? No wonder Sam Bradford wants out.
3. San Diego Chargers – Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss – Tiffany Rivers wants the Chargers to take Tunsil because she doesn’t feel like scraping Philip’s lifeless body off the field every Sunday. Give a shiver, save Philip Rivers.
4. Dallas Cowboys – Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State – It’d be cool if the Cowboys didn’t have any troubled linemen on their team for once.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars – DeForest Buckner, DT, Oregon – If you’re going with the best available player here, Buckner might be your best bet. Myles Jack would also be a great fit here but Buckner doesn’t have any lingering knee issues that we should be worried about.
6. Baltimore Ravens – Jalen Ramsey, DB, FSU – There is absolutely no way the Ravens let the best defensive prospect slip by them. If Ramsey is here, he’s the pick.
7. San Francisco 49ers – Myles Jack, LB, UCLA – A lot of people are making a big deal about his meniscus but I don’t think its that big an issue. But I’m not a doctor so what do I know?
8. Cleveland Browns – Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame – This pick makes all the sense in the world. The Browns made a smart move trading down and they could be even smarter if they trade down again to take a guy like Jack Conklin but they have to take an offensive lineman.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia – Do I want Floyd to fall to the Giants? Absolutely. I’m worried about his ability to play within the 4-3 scheme but this guy can play ball. The Bucs also run the 4-3 but his talent trumps all that.
10. New York Giants – Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State – If Miles Jack or Leonard Floyd are available here, I would expect the Giants to pull the trigger on either one. Zeke Elliot is also a possibility.
11. Chicago Bears – Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson – I really can’t see the Bears passing on an edge rusher. Elliot is another potential pick but he might not be available at this point in the draft.
12. New Orleans Saints – Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida – If the Saints let Hargreaves fall past them, they deserve all their losses. All of them. They need defense, this is a good defender. Its a match made in heaven.
13. Miami Dolphins – Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State – For what its worth, I don’t think Zeke will be available here. He could be, but I doubt it. I can see the Dolphins trading up to 3 to take him so that Dallas doesn’t. If (and thats a huge if) the Dolphins pass on him, I’d be very happy to see him land in Oakland with the next pick.
14. Oakland Raiders – Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State – The Raiders definitely need a corner and this might be considered a reach but Apple is a good football player.
15. Tennessee Titans – Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State – Decker ends up being a nice little consolation prize for the Titans, which is pretty good. Decker is a very good tackle and they still have all those extra picks.
16. Detroit Lions – Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville – The Lions never really got any replacements for Nick Fairley and Ndamukong Suh so this makes all the sense in the world.
17. Atlanta Falcons – Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State – Lee is so good and he’s such a perfect fit for the Falcons.
18. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor – The Colts never addressed their weaknesses along the defensive line and while they could go with an edge rusher here, I think Billings is a beast and a good place to start.
19. Buffalo Bills – Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama – Rex Ryan would be drooling all over himself if a guy like Reed is available here. Luckily, Reed will be. Worst case scenario, the Bills take Reggie Ragland.
20. New York Jets – Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana – Jets fans are going to be mad but with Brick suddenly retiring and Ryan Clady coming off of an injury, shouldn’t they take an offensive tackle?
21. Washington Redskins – A’Shawn Robinson, DE/DT, Alabama – Reed would be the ideal fit but he’s gone at this point. Robinson is a solid choice.
22. Houston Texans – Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor – I know Laquan Treadwell is a better player but Coleman is a better fit, plus he’s the hometown pick. I truly believe Coleman is better than Will Fuller.
23. Minnesota Vikings – Laquan Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss – Put this guy on the opposite side of Stefan Diggs and let Teddy B go to work.
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Josh Doctson, WR, TCU – Here comes the run on wideouts.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers – Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech – The Steelers are desperate for cornerback and the Fullers come from good stock.
26. Seattle Seahawks – Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss – This would be a great pick. This is a guy who could have been considered the best player in the draft if it wasn’t for some off the field issues. Talent is talent. I could also see the Seahawks taking Noah Spence here.
27. Green Bay Packers – Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama – The Packers can take Ragland here and bump Clay Matthews out to his more natural outside linebacker position.
28. Kansas City Chiefs – Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame – Paxton Lynch could be the choice here but I really feel like the Chiefs could benefit from another wideout.
29. Arizona Cardinals – Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama – This is a good player at a position of need. Its a no brainer.
30. Carolina Panthers – Artie Burns, CB, Miami – Josh Norman leaves and the Panthers get a solid replacement.
31. Denver Broncos – Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis – Yeah because the Broncos are really going to start the season with Mark Sanchez as its starting quarterback. Trade up to get him if you can, Elway.