The cold weather was not enough to stop students from attending the media night event held at the SUNY College Old Westbury on Wednesday, March 4th.
The event arranged by the American Studies Department, and its Media and Communications program, in collaboration with the Office of Career Planning and Development, featured professionals from all forms of media. The discussion featured:
- Danielle Kelley, Promotions, Atlantic Records.
- Tania Breton, Producer, PIX11 News
- Erik Badia, Reporter, NY Daily News
- Lincoln Ricketts, Digital Media Planner, CBS Radio (Keeping It Real Sports Co-Host/Writer)
- Vincent Morris, Associate Producer of Music Specials, BET Network
- John Rickenbacker, The Bill Cunningham Show, Travel Production Department
- Ed Easton Jr, 1010 WINS News, CBS Radio (Keeping It Real Sports CEO/President)
Between laughs and talk, students, professors and even former students attended the panel discussion, Media Talks, where they listened to the hosts about their careers development and their success related to media.
Ed Easton Jr, a former student from the SUNY College At Old Westbury was excited to share with students about his career and told them that it all started right there, at the Old Westbury College. Easton also encouraged students to follow their dreams and understand how great programs are at the College.
SUNY Old Westbury Media Talks 2015 – Ed Easton Jr.
A special thank you to OWWR Station Manager Joseph Manfredi for providing the sound for the event and Alumni Affairs Director, Penny Chin for providing gifts to the panelists…