32. Oakland Raiders (0-2) – What is there to talk about here? This team sucks. In fact, the next team sucks too. It just so happens that this team sucks a little more. Wanna know how I know? Because one guy fumbled twice. Thats pretty bad.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2)- Remember what I said about the Raiders? Yeah. Lets go with that.
30. Tennessee Titans (1-1) –
I was really high on the Titans and they let me down by losing to the Cowboys. They have a good defense but you wouldn’t know it because the Dallas offensive line basically treated them like Adrian Peterson
’s kids. Too soon?
29. St Louis Rams (1-1) – I’m not giving the Rams credit for beating the Bucs because they needed four field goals to do it. If Lovie Smith wasn’t such a girl scout, they would have won.
28. Washington Redskins (1-1) –
The worst possible scenario happened. Washington found a stable quarterback that fits their offensive scheme. I, for one, am hoping for RG3
to have a speedy recovery so he can struggle in the offense again.
27. Cleveland Browns (1-1) – These guys should be 2-0. I like everything about this team and the only reason they aren’t higher is because I wonder if the Saints just aren’t as good as we think. What if the Saints secretly suck and the Browns just took advantage of a mediocre team?
26. Minnesota Vikings (1-1) –
Another team Rob and I have at the exact same spot. I really thought they were going to beat the Pats because the Patriots offensive line is garbage. I figured that even without Adrian Peterson they could muster up some kind of running game with Asiata. Plus the Patriots corners are atrocious. Can they just start Teddy Bridgewater
25. New York Giants (0-2) –
Do I have to talk about this team? You know they’re only this high because I’m a homer right? They are horrible. HORRIBLE. And don’t blame Eli. He played well and the receivers dropped the ball…literally. Victor Cruz
and Quinton Demps are the reason the Giants lost this game. There…I said it. And please, Antrel Rolle
…keep telling me about how this Houston game is a must win. Ridiculous.
24. Dallas Cowboys (1-1) –
Its only a matter of time before DeMarco Murray
gets hurt so they better rack up the wins while they can. Rob, you’re too high on these guys. Have you seen who they have on defense?
23. Kansas City Chiefs (0-2) –
Don’t let the score fool you. This was 21-10 at halftime and they didn’t expect Knile Davis
to play well. Neither did Denver apparently. Sure they were stopped on a goal line stand but I think this was one of those “rally around the backup running back” games.
22. Buffalo Bills (2-0) –
I might be really down on the Bills but thats only because I really hate EJ Manuel
. A lot. I’ll give credit where its due because I think that Miami is a solid team. We’ll see if they can still string together wins when Bryce Brown
is the starting running back.
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-2) – Call me crazy but I believe in Tampa. I believe in this defense. They just need to learn how to score points. I know Rob is going to say they’re too high but think about it…they lost to a team with a top 10 defense in Carolina and the offense didn’t show up against St Louis. Now they get to play Atlanta’s terrible defense. If they can’t score this week on Thursday Night Football, I’ll drop em to 33. Thats right. All the way down to non-existent.
20. New York Jets (1-1) – While I don’t think that Marty Mornhinweg should be fired, I do think that he should be disciplined by Adrian Peterson…because only Adrian Peterson knows how to administer discipline. Bad job by him, bad job by the refs, bad job by the defense, bad job all around.
19. Houston Texans (2-0) – I mean…they beat the Raiders. Even JJ Watt got a touchdown. How much credit do they really deserve? They did what they were supposed to do.
18. Miami Dolphins (1-1) –
Rob why don’t you believe in the Dolphins? Is it because they lost their starting running back? They’ll be fine with Lamar Miller
in the backfield. And Mike Wallace
is playing so well. Plus that defense is so good.
17. Detroit Lions (1-1) – I totally get why the Rob has the Lions down at 21. They beat a terrible Giants team and they lost to a good-but-not-great Panthers team. They haven’t really earned much. They were on the road though and a they employ a former Holy Cross alum. Benefit of the doubt.
16. Carolina Panthers (2-0) –
These guys are gonna be good as long as the defense keeps them in every game. Kelvin Benjamin
has been a nice surprise, especially for a Florida State guy.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) –
I get the sense that the Steelers underestimated the Ravens in this game. They couldn’t get the running game going, Ben Roethlisberger
didn’t look that good and the team looked like they weren’t ready for the Ravens.
14. Indianapolis Colts (0-2) – Rob and I have the Colts in the same range. Probably because they lost to a good Broncos team in Week 1 and blew a lead against a good Eagles team this week. They’re still going to win the terrible AFC South.
13. Atlanta Falcons (1-1) – A week after the Falcons served notice to the NFC South by beating the Saints, they come out and score 10 points against Cincinnati. The Bengals have a good defense but they lost AJ Green early in this game. Falcons should have taken advantage.
12. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) –
I like Ray Rice
and I’m sure a lot of his teammates do too but at the end of the day, they used the whole situation to rally and win. That “no one believes in us” stuff works.
11. New Orleans Saints (0-2) – Rob, how can you have a winless team in the top ten? I can’t justify it. Thats why these guys are here. I believe in their talent but they have to win a game to justify being in the top ten.
10. Chicago Bears (1-1) – The Bears are very good. Like really good. Maybe not Super Bowl good, but definitely playoff good. If the defense was better, they’d be maybe Conference Championship good…maybe.
9. Arizona Cardinals (2-0) –
I didn’t think they’d win this game. Not because I’m a Giants fan but because Drew Stanton
was starting. I’m not even 100% sure who that is and I watched the entire game. But the defense did its thing and the Giants helped their cause. You’re welcome Cards.
8. San Diego Chargers (2-0) – I didn’t start Phillip Rivers in fantasy and it didn’t cost me a win but I won’t make the same mistake again. I like how aggressive they were and I’m looking forward to Chargers-Broncos.
7. New England Patriots (1-1) –
I’ll give them credit, they ran the ball well against a pretty good run defense. Linval Joseph
and Sharif Floyd aren’t slouches. The Patriots defense stepped up and they made life easier for their offense.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (2-0) –
Maybe Andy Dalton
is finally good. Or maybe this is just a mirage and he’ll go back to being a bum when the playoffs come. Yeah thats probably it.
5. Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) – I’ll say it. I’m afraid of the Eagles. I picked them to win the division but they look good…and resilient. As a Giants fan, this scares me.
4. San Francisco 49ers (1-1) – The Bears are good, but giving up 21 points in the fourth quarter is a good way to tell the rest of the league that you’re not good at football. I feel bad for the Cardinals. You know next week the Niners are going to want blood and redemption.
3. Seattle Seahawks (1-1) –
I’m a little surprised Rob has the Seahawks up at number one still. I don’t think they got exposed but they did give up three touchdowns to Antonio Gates
. The Chargers were aggressive against them and it worked. Does that say more about the Chargers or the Seahawks?
2. Green Bay Packers (1-1) –
I love it when white wide receivers make huge plays and embarrass black defensive backs because you know the corners line up and think they’ll shut them down. Jordy Nelson
did his thing and I like that the Packers showed some fight and clawed back in this game.
1. Denver Broncos (2-0) – There was never a doubt. There may never be a doubt. I know the AFC sucks but theres the AFC and then theres the Broncos.