With only days until the NFL Draft, this is the final edition of the official Keeping It Real Sports Mock Draft. I’ll never understand how a player’s draft stock can rise and fall so much without so much as a workout. I still believe that Teddy Bridgewater is one of the best quarterbacks in the draft but for whatever reason, a lot of people have him slipping all the way out of the first round. As always, this mock draft reflects who I believe is the best fit and value for each team and I haven’t considered any trades.
1. Houston Texans – Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina – The Texans already came out and said that if they don’t trade down, they know who they’ll pick. I think everyone knows who they’ll pick. They do need a quarterback so if Bridgewater does fall, they could grab him with the first pick in the second round. Previous pick: Jadeveon Clowney
2. St Louis Rams (from Redskins) – Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn – If the Rams keep this pick, the class of wide receivers is so deep that they can grab one later on. They won’t be able to find a prospect like Robinson anywhere else. Previous pick: Sammy Watkins
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo – Mack has been rising up draft boards and while the Jags need a quarterback, Gus Bradley is a defensive minded coach and lets not forget, he came from the Seahawks organization. If they do take a quarterback, they’ll have a tough choice between Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel.Previous pick: Teddy Bridgewater
4. Cleveland Browns – Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson – I can’t believe that if Johnny Football is available here, that the Browns will pass on him, but according to sources, they won’t draft Johnny Manziel. They do have two picks so maybe they take Sammy Watkins here and take a quarterback like Derek Carr or Jimmy Garoppolo later.Previous pick: Johnny Manziel
5. Oakland Raiders – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M – If the Raiders pass on Johnny Football, the ghost of Al Davis will haunt Radio City for the entire three days of the draft. Previous pick: Greg Robinson
6. Atlanta Falcons – Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M – The Falcons could also go with Mike Evans here but its not as big of a need for them as offensive line is. There’s also the rumor going around that the Falcons want to trade up. I don’t think its a good idea because they have a lot of holes to fill. A few years ago when they traded up to take Julio Jones, they were really only one or two pieces away from being a Super Bowl contender. Previous pick: Khalil Mack
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M – The Bucs traded away their number two receiver and they need someone to put opposite their number one (who isn’t getting any younger) in Vincent Jackson. Previous pick: Mike Evans
8. Minnesota Vikings – Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida – No way the Vikes don’t take a quarterback. Then again, maybe they’re satisfied with what they have and go with the best available player. Previous pick: Blake Bortles
9. Buffalo Bills – Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan – Supposedly the Bills want to move up get a guy like Greg Robinson. Regardless, it looks like they’re going to take an offensive lineman. Previous pick: Eric Ebron
10. Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma St – I think the Lions are going to take a defensive back. its just a matter of whether they value Gilbert more than Dennard. I think Gilbert is just a little bit better than him though. Previous pick: Justin Gilbert
11. Tennessee Titans – Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St – This isn’t some consolation prize. This is a very solid player that will contribute right away.
12. New York Giants – Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh – Why are people downplaying how good this guy is. He may not even be available here if Tampa Bay has anything to say about it. This is the pick. Lock it up. Previous pick: Aaron Donald
13. St Louis Rams – Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU – In my last mock, I had the Rams taking a wide receiver with their first pick and then the best available lineman with this pick. This time around I’m flipping it. If you put a gun to my head though, I’d go with my first choice. Would you rather have Greg Robinson and Odell Beckham or Sammy Watkins and Zack Martin? Previous pick: Jake Matthews
14. Chicago Bears – Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida St – I don’t know if the Bears would want to trade up to take Aaron Donald but I know they want him. If the Bears are willing to part ways with some draft picks, why not make the move? Previous pick: Timmy Jernigan
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama – Mosley has some durability issues but I think he’s a perfect fit in Pittsburgh. Previous pick: Anthony Barr
16. Dallas Cowboys – Dee Ford, DE, Auburn – The Cowboys need a pass rusher more than anything else right now. They lost most of their defensive line and while Henry Melton is a good player, he’s only one good player. Previous pick: Kony Ealy
17. Baltimore Ravens – Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina – In my previous mock, I had the Bills taking a tight end but if both Buffalo and the Giants pass on Ebron, he can slip down to the Ravens here. He’ll be the best available player and Ozzie Newsome can also fill a need. The Ravens should probably look at a more versatile tight end (one that can block) and focus on another position here but I think it would be difficult to pass on a talent like Ebron. Previous pick: Kyle Fuller
18. New York Jets – Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St – If Ebron is available here, the Jets will take him. If Odell Beckham slips here, the Jets will take him. They could take Kyle Fuller here too but I think the lack of depth at wide receiver is more important.Previous pick: Odell Beckham Jr
19. Miami Dolphins – Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame – Martin is a guy that can go higher in this draft but if he’s available here, the Dolphins should (and will) take him.Previous pick: Zack Martin
20. Arizona Cardinals – Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio St – I’m not going to lie…I have no idea where Ryan Shazier came from. His stock has risen a lot in the past few weeks and the Cardinals will have a huge need for linebacker. Karlos Dansby is gone and D-Wash is looking at a possible suspension. Kevin Minter didn’t exactly make his presence felt last season.
21. Green Bay Packers – Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama – The Packers may want to trade up if they really want a linebacker but if they stay put, there might not be one available. If the Packers can land Clinton-Dix, it would be an absolute steal. He could be gone by the time the Packers are on the clock but it would be a great fit. Previous pick: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix
22. Philadelphia Eagles – Calvin Pryor, S, Louisvile – See Mock Draft 3.0 for analysis. Previous pick: Calvin Pryor
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Marqise Lee, WR, USC – The Chiefs will probably take a wide receiver if they stay at 23. Otherwise they can try to trade down and get a second round pick. Lee would be a great pick here. Previous pick: Brandin Cooks
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio St – I still think Bradley Roby is the pick here. I like Jason Verrett as well but Roby is a little bigger and stronger. The Bengals have a huge need in the secondary with most of their corners getting older.Previous pick: Bradley Roby
25. San Diego Chargers – Jason Verrett, CB, TCU – See Mock Draft 3.0 for analysis.Previous pick: Jason Verrett
26. Cleveland Browns – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno St – Since the Browns are saying they don’t want to take Johnny Manziel at 4, they should take their quarterback here. Even if Carr ends up sitting behind Brian Hoyer, in the long run it will help the organization. Previous pick: Marqise Lee
27. New Orleans Saints – Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA – The Saints would love to have a pass rusher here for Rob Ryan to move around in his defense. They could trade up get a guy like Dee Ford, or they may not have to. Previous pick: Dee Ford
28. Carolina Panthers – Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia – Moses is a guy that people talked about that could be taken in the top 15 so if he were to fall to the Panthers here, they’d love it. The Panthers need along the offensive line can’t be understated.Previous pick: Taylor Lewan
29. New England Patriots – Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada – I don’t know what the Patriots are going to do. They’ll probably trade down. What I do know is that Jace Amaro, my previous pick, has fallen on some draft boards and the Pats can still take him but just a little later in the second round.
30. San Francisco 49ers – Davante Adams, WR, Fresno St – See Mock Draft 3.0 for analysis. Previous pick: Davante Adams
31. Denver Broncos – Xavier Su’a Filo, OG, UCLA – The Broncos are going all in this offseason and need to get some help along the offensive line for Peyton Manning. I’d love to see them take a linebacker as well. Previous pick: CJ Mosley
32. Seattle Seahawks – Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri – The Seahawks brought back Sidney Rice at a huge discount and seem content at wide receiver. They need to focus on the defensive line and I don’t know if Stephen Tuitt is the pick here. Ealy has a lot of talent as a pass rusher and he’s very versatile. Previous pick: Kelvin Benjamin
There you have it. The fourth and final version of the official Keeping It Real Sports Mock Draft. As always, you can email me at email@example.com or follow me on twitter @FunnyManStan and don’t forget to support the cause – #KIRSvsTheStarters and tag @JeSkeets @TasMelas @TreyKerby and @LeighEllis so they know we’re serious about challenging them.